January 30, 2020
Are you thinking of buying or selling a home on your own? Consider all the steps you’ll personally have to complete.
- Determine how much you can afford
- Price existing home without the input of a market expert
- Check credit report
- Arrange home and pest inspections
- Negotiate terms of sale or purchase, including repairs or concessions
- Find attorney to draft contract
- Put existing house on market
- Review and approve contract
- Get signed contract to seller
- Choose mortgage lender
- Hire attorney or title company to complete closing research
- Schedule appointments to show current home or to see new ones
- Host open houses to sell existing home
- Decide where to advertise to reach best potential buyers
- Hire surveyor to survey property
- Find home with all the features you want
- Order title search
- Investigate school system
- Research neighborhoods and local amenities
- Review and approve closing costs
- Analyze comparable home sales and make offer on a new home
Consider offers for current home
- Conduct final walk-throughs of home
- Meet home and pest inspectors for review of current home
- Coordinate closing with lender, title company and customer
- Review and sign closing document
Whew! Are you tired yet?
It pays to work with a realtor, helping you smooth the way.
- Davis County Realtors will be glad to help to help in this process!!